Google+ My Beauty Hive! : ❤ Rockstar Hearts Nail Tutorial ❤

Wednesday 13 February 2013

❤ Rockstar Hearts Nail Tutorial ❤


Happy Valentines Day!!!

 Today I'm going to show you how to create this simple and adorable glittery hearts nail look which is just in time for Valentines Day tomorrow! 

If I can do this tutorial then trust me, anyone can do it. So, if you want to see how to get these nails then please continue reading...


Soooo cute!!! ❤


You will need nail polish remover, cotton pads/balls, nail trimmer, nail file, buffer, toothpicks or an orange stick, a plate or other non-porous surface, two different polishes and a top coat. I'm using Sally Hansen XTreme Wear in White On & Rockstar Pink and for my topcoat I'm using Essies' "Good To Go" quick dry topcoat.


I forgot to add nail polish remover & cotton pads!
 
 
  • Remove any old nail polish you may be wearing (otherwise skip this step).
  • Trim, file, shape and buff your nails to create a smooth surface for the polishes.
  • Scrub nails with warm soapy water and a nail brush to remove any residue and dry well.
  • Next, apply the base nail polish colour you are using. In this case, I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "White On" 


  • Next, take your second polish and pour some into a puddle on your plate or other surface.
  • Then, taking either a toothpick or an orange stick, dip the end into the polish and make two small dots on your nail like this: 
2 small dots, then connect them in the middle ; )



  • Now, place the stick in between the dots to "connect" them together and pull downwards *very gently*! 
  • You should end up with a heart that looks like this: 
Ta-da! Cute lil' heart ^_^


  • Repeat this process however many times as you want hearts on your nails! You can make bigger & smaller hearts depending on the size of the dots you make. Bigger dots = bigger hearts, smaller dots = smaller hearts ^_^ 
  • Once you have completed all of your nails, go over your adorable artwork with a good topcoat. This will help seal everything in, prevent chipping and also give more glossy shine to your nails & bring out the glitter! 

That's it!! In the end you should end up with something that looks like this:


How freaking adorable is this?!




If you are a little unsure, simply practice on a piece of paper (or a set of fake nails if you have any). After I practiced a little bit, I was even able to do my right hand   ^_^   I feel so proud of that LOL! 

Please let me know if you try this nail tutorial and tweet me a pic to my Twitter account here:

 https://twitter.com/honeybee519


❤❤❤ Happy Valentines Day ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment