Google+ My Beauty Hive! : Beauty Sample Sunday: LUSH Dream Cream!

Monday 18 February 2013

Beauty Sample Sunday: LUSH Dream Cream!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're enjoying the weekend so far. Today I'll be reviewing the LUSH Dream Cream Body Lotion.

Most of the time when I visit LUSH, I know what I want. I don't venture too far into their products because really I'm a bubble bar & Cupcake FFM junkie. This means I tend to just grab what I want and head for the register. Usually there is someone standing right there waiting to ring me up but not on this day.

For some reason the sales people at LUSH were really busy so to compensate for my waiting, the S.A apologized by giving me several different samples which I thought was really nice of her! One of which is the one I will be reviewing today, LUSH's Dream Cream body & hand cream.


LUSH sample

Texture of Dream Cream

The sample I received wasn't large enough to test as a body lotion so I decided to use it as a hand cream instead. Because it was so small, I thought it would be perfect to keep in my purse until the first time I went to use it...

At first, the scent seemed light and harmlessly "herbal" but after about 10 minutes the scent was still lingering which I wasn't a fan of. It also didn't absorb very easily. In fact it was quite greasy! The label says "lotion" but I feel like this is closer to a body butter consistency. This would never work for me as a hand lotion so it was demoted from "purse hand lotion" to "overnight hand cream" and was transferred to my bedside table!
 
"Swatch" of lotion. Even out of focus, you can see how shiny it was.

You can see the slight sheen it left on my skin.

 It did a great job of softening and smoothing my skin, and I did notice that it was helping to reduce the redness and irritation from my chapped "winter hands". The problem is that I never saw a visual improvement aside from toning down the redness. My cuticles and skin remain dry despite using this every night for the last 2-3 weeks (off and on). I also found that using this overnight was causing me to wake up sneezing with a stuffy nose. Too much fragrance for me!


Pros:
~made my hands feel softer
~reduced the redness
~improved the texture & tone of my hands

Cons:
~greasy/doesn't absorb easily
~strong "herbal" scent
~not as hydrating as I was expecting
~slightly overpriced (in my honest opinion)

If you are looking for a heavy lotion with an herbal scent than this is the product for you. In all honesty though, it's hard to say that I would recommend this product. At $26.95 CAD (for 240g), I really don't feel that LUSH Dream Cream is anymore hydrating than The Body Shop Body Butters (which are $20 for 200 ml).

LUSH Dream Cream is available on their website here:
http://www.lushusa.com/Dream-Cream/00031,en_US,pd.html?start=1&cgid=body-lotions

3.8/5  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment