Google+ My Beauty Hive! : NOTD: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Black Tie"

Monday 23 September 2013

NOTD: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength "Black Tie"

Welcome to another Manicure Monday! This week I'm wearing "Black Tie" from Sally Hansens' Diamond Strength collection. "Black Tie" is definitely not your average black nail polish! In fact, it's more of a peacock type of duo (trio?) chrome with hints of teal green, deep purple and gunmetal grey.

Natural light, no flash.
Pretty peacock duo chrome!

The formulation of this polish is fairly opaque but won't look "done" with just one coat. I used three to make sure there was no streaking as this is a very satiny finish and to be sure that the duo chrome effect would show up in pictures. 

Honestly, that proved to be quite difficult as it was nearly impossible for me to capture all the different shades going on in this polish. 

Daylight (w flash)
No flash, under table lamp.




You can see in the above pics that it gradates. At some angles it appears satin black, at others it looks like a satin purple with pink shimmer. Sometimes it appears a teal green or blue and then sometimes it appears a more gunmetal grey. This polish is definitely a chameleon!

It actually reminds me of Essies' "For The Twill Of It" (fall '13 collection), O.P.Is' "Peace & Love & O.P.I" (San Francisco fall '13 collection) and O.P.Is' "Not Like The Movies". Not to mention Essence Cosmetics' "Chic Reloaded". So many dupes to choose from c :


Is it pink, teal or purple?!
Obviously it's all of the above!


Sally Hansen should change the name from "Black Tie" to "Chameleon". Maybe even "Tahitian Pearl" ^_^

Regardless of what way I look at it, I'm mesmerized! If you're looking for dupes of Essie & O.P.I or maybe just want something different in your collection, this might be the nail polish for you. 

Are you into vampy polishes? Tell me what you think down below! 

xo ~Honeybee

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an amazing color :) Great blog you have!
    Ckeck out mine if you want to: http://julianachow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by & commenting <3 I'll have to come over to your blog as well c:

      Delete
  2. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, I'll come check out your blog! If you want to find me on other social media, just click the buttons below my bio c: Thanks for checking it out! <3

      Delete
  3. I love these colors! Unfortunately my engagement ring has a sapphire stone and i'm scared to wear darker colors with it! But i so miss them :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute
    @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous polish for sure! You never know, I think it might be the perfect accent colour for a sapphire. Congratulations! ^_^

      Delete
  4. Wow it almost looks like galaxy nails!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right! It does look like a tiny nebula c: Thanks for checking out my blog! (I'll be posting my Momomango haul later on so be sure to check back & enter again if you like)

      <3

      Delete